Halloween is hard to ignore, especially when there is candy everywhere! Unless you are a hardcore “health nut” some indulgence won’t derail your best dietary intentions. Here are some tips to mitigate the damage:
- 15 g. of carbs is the same as a slice of bread so read every label on the candy you choose and keep track of your carbs. (For weight loss, four servings a day (60 g.) is all you need and not all in candy!)
- Avoid candy with hydrogenated or trans fats.
- Choose dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
- Eat it all at once rather than in small bites to avoid continual insulin spikes.
- Always brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after eating candy.
- In two weeks, get rid of the leftovers. Get rid of temptations!